Marketing Director – NOW HIRING
The part-time Marketing Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the marketing for SGT’s productions. The primary objective of the marketing director will be to develop audiences and generate ticket sales throughout the duration of the run of each show as well as to promote the events of SGT.
The Marketing Director will work closely with the Producing Artistic Director. The marketing director will also work in collaboration with SGT’s publicist (David Rosenberg), the Theater Wit box office and staff, artists for each show, and SGT’s Board and Ensemble.
This position will also be responsible for occasional administrative duties as needed.
Some of the tasks handled by the marketing director will include:
- Create and execute marketing plans for each show in collaboration with Producing Artistic Director
- Manage allocation of marketing budget for each show as laid out in the marketing plan
- Self-supervise day-to-day activities
- Coordinate volunteers from the Ensemble/Board
- Coordinate with Graphic Designer to create artwork for 3 mainstage shows and additional programming. This involves: meeting with involved artists, developing concept, coordinating photoshoots as needed, confirming final design and copy, and resizing graphics as needed.
- Update and maintain the SGT website, including: general info, web pages for individual events, updates, etc. The SGT website platform is WordPress using the Enfold theme.
Printing and Distribution
- Manage the production and distribution of all print materials, including: distribution posters, direct mail brochures and postcards, flyers, and display posters.
- Coordinate with Producing Artistic Director, printer, & distributor on fundraising and other campaigns.
- Oversee development and placement of print and digital ads for each show.
- Place tickets for shows on discount ticket sites (Goldstar, Hottix, & TodayTix). Manage inventory, coordinate with Theater Wit box office to reserve seats, and pull will-call lists as needed.
- Develop and monitor Facebook and other social media advertising
E-Mail and Social Media Marketing
- Responsible for all aspects of e-newsletters and social media content. Includes: developing informative and enticing content, posting regularly, and monitoring and tracking results.
- Maintain updated email contact lists (in MailChimp, connected to PatronManager).
Group Sales and Cross-Promotions
- Coordinate group sales in conjunction with Producing Artistic Director.
- Research and contact group sales targets on a season-wide and show by show basis.
- Manage all aspects of the exchange and cross-promotions with other arts and community organizations. This may include supporting e-blast and program stuffer exchanges and other cross-promotions.
Membership Program (Season Traveler)
- Coordinate with Producing Artistic Director regarding membership specifics, brochure, and web page.
- Setup and maintain membership purchases in PatronManager
- Communicate with members via email/phone regarding the shows, their tickets, and other benefits
- Assist the Producing Artistic Director in fulfilling membership benefits, such as: reserved seat signs, special events, etc.
- Provide light IT assistance (PC, Mac, printer, iPhone, etc)
- Maintain SGT’s patron database (PatronManager). This includes: importing ticket sales from each show, contact information updates, and running reports as needed.
While the list above describes some of the common tasks that fall into the marketing role, the primary purpose of the marketing director is to create activity that results in ticket sales. So, the key function of the marketing director will be to take whatever actions the director sees to take to produce that result.
Approximate Hours: 20 hours per week
Fee for Marketing Director: $15,000